Monday, July 14, 2008

Lorena's Party

I remembered I hadn't posted this. Her 3rd party was a ton of fun for the 4 of us. It was the first party we had at our house since Arantxa's first, and we LOVED it. Oddly enough, friends of ours said that they were never doing a party at their house again; so we were prepared for that possibility.
We wanted to capture Lorena's interests at the time, to have a nice reminder of what she loved and was excited about in the couple of months leading to 3. That is why we had pink and purple everything and NO boys allowed (except for Nicolas and Oliver because they are little).
In all her ongoing plans for the party, she mentioned that kids were going to ride a dinosaur. Pablo and I problem solved, and he got to work.


The girls played with the triceratops some, but it was not used during the party.

She has always loved elephants, so we decided to make a "pin the trunk on the elephant" game. WE once again had the artist in residence work on it. He even added a bunny since it is the other animal she loves. I was quite surprised at how Pablo could free-handed paint everything. Here he is working.

That one was quite the hit. Several of the kids took a few turns. I had a hard time figuring which of the kids were ready to laugh at themselves and which ones were not. Agnes was a good sport, we laughed together that she out the trunk as earrings (one in each ear). Arantxa was declared the unquestionable winner. She went 3 times, the first was semi-random. The second try, she felt the edges with her hands and then placed the trunk. Her last attempt was perfect, this time she felt all 3 edges and placed it based on that. You can see a few of the kids on the video.


Lorena really wanted a cute princess cake. She finally settled on a castle and I deemed myself ready for the challenge. I baked a carrot cake (the one I consistently bake the best) the day before. The morning of the party, Pablo took the girls to another party while I frosted the cake. Here it is.


I baked 2 cakes and explained to Lorena that the other one would be for the grown ups. When I asked her what she wanted me to write on it, she quickly replied "BIGS' CAKE". It was too cute to pass, so I did.

She always loves to paint at the easel at preschool, so we went to IKEA to get one. That was also a hit. Here she is with her friend Sofía "chiquita".

Kids got to also make some necklaces and other projects.


Finally, we had the piñata. That one we got in Mexico, it folds flat.


I forgot to say that we got amazing weather. It was cood in the beginning, but no rain was just what we needed. The party favors were little pots painted with princesses with purple flowers.

I'll post a video separately.

1 comment:

Rafael Tello said...

Bigs' cake... genial!!! Se ve que estuvo buena la fiesta =)