Sunday, April 5, 2009

Lorena was the mom today

Arantxa and I were practicing some catching and throwing (we had completely forgotten about her glove and ball..ooops!). Lorena got in her Little Tikes car announced she was the mom, and that she'd pick us up after our baseball class.


She stayed in character all day, Arantxa quit after a while. She got tired that when she said "mom, look", Lorena reminded her that she was the mom.


Here are some of the quotes from the day:

- You guys are going to go to extended day today. Extended day is where kids can go to after regular school hours. Arantxa doesn't go there. Well, her Drama class was through X-day.


She finally picked us up. We got "in" the car, and she asked, "Did you have a good lunch? How much did you eat? Who did you seat with?". Oops! I hadn't realized how predictable I am.


Later, we are going to go to the gym. You are going to go the school there (childcare while you work out) because I need to exercise. I am going to do the climber. It is only for moms, you can't do it because I am afraid you'd get hurt.


I am not going to give you a snack in the car because we are going to have dinner soon.


Maybe I will remember some later on. It was funny!


Oh, and here is Arantxa in her incomplete Baseball uniform. She is so excited! Practices start this week.


2 comments:

Hannah said...

I love thhe photo of Arantxa in her uniform, she looks so smart. Lorena as mom was a lot of fun to read about.

Lorraine said...

Ax looks SOOO adorable. I'd love to hear how it's going! And yes, Lorena is hilarious. Now I know all the things you say ;)